NYC in a whirlwind…!
It didn’t feel that long ago that I was in NYC, although I suppose it has already been 2 weeks! What fun! In a snapshot:
- Arrived in NYC early in the morning, and went straight to Sephora to book our Anastasia lash appointment and some mini shopping while there and at Saks next door.
- This was followed by going to the Rockafella Centre, did some quick shoppping at Jcrew and Anthropologie
- Walk/zoomed past Times Square walked all the way to Kyotofu for a pre-lunch dessert, and from where we walked to Shake Shack for lunch
- Next, we went to SOHO for some quality shopping at Victoria’s Secret, Pink, Uniqlo and Jil Stuart.
- Pretty tired as we were, we went for a very satisfying omakase at Morimoto!
- We also picked up some Artichokes pizza on the way home for breakfast the next day, before we called it a day.
- Head to the MET for some cultural activities.
- Given it was a nice day, why not take a mini hike through Central Park with a Haagan Daaz ice cream bar, where we found BOTH the Alice in Wonderland statue and the beautiful fountain
- After finding the fountain, we wasted no time in going to lunch at Morimoto Ssam (although it was a bit of a disappointment)!
- We decided our mission that day was to hunt for TOMS – we went to a variety of stores in the area which lead us back to Broadway and eventually into SOHO again (while wearing our new TOMS)
- Although Floral Doc Martens were very tempting, I ended up getting rainboots from Tretorn, and we also made a pit stop at Links. We took a break at Sunrise mart with a mochi and a cold drink!
- As it was getting late, we made our way to the Brooklyn bridge, not only to soak in the view, but to have some pizza at Grimaldi’s!
- We were pretty exhausted by the end of this, so we head back to the hotel with our leftovers to save for breakfast the next day
- Waking up, we make our way to Times Square for souvenirs at the M&M shop and the Hersey shop, although before that we made a pit stop at the Nintendo shop at Rockafella center that we missed the first time around.
- Holding our heavy chocolates, we go to Sephora to get our brows done (as well as additional shopping)
- Next, we go to Saks to buy creams and perfumes!
- We drop off all our goodies at the hotel, only to head out to 5th avenue!
- After exploring Bloomingdales, FAO Schwartz, the UGG store, Tiffany’s and a wallet later, we realize that it’s already 4 pm and we were way overdue for lunch!
- The menu of the day was Xian Famous Foods, located in Chinatown!
- After a scenic walk through Little Italy…
- Obviously, we go back to SOHO for the stores we didn’t yet go to, such as Madewell, Topshop, Aritzia and Steven by Steve Madden
- Dinner at Gramercy Tavern!
- Some drinks at the bar, and the day’s over! Did I mention Gramercy gave us a muffin to take home for breakfast the next day?
- Finally, we have a day where we sleep in (until 10 am har har)
- After some initial packing, we head to Momofuku Ko for a foodie’s delight
- To finish with a restful and relaxing afternoon, we go for mani pedis
- This was followed by a stop by Koreatown for Faceshop and some Pinkberry!
- Of course, to culture ourselves, what is a trip to NYC without a stop by Guggenheim? (we were lucky because it was free after 5, including an audio guide!)
- A rest in the hotel and more packing, we head to Ippudo for dinner
- As sad as we were to leave, we stopped by the Nougatine by Jean Georges for some brunch before heading to the airport
Thoughts in the Aftermath
What a wonderful whirlwind trip! I did almost everything I wanted to do, except the Harry Potter exhibit and seeing the World Trade Centre site. I wished I had time to walk on the Brooklyn bridge, though I suppose that can be saved for next time. In retrospect, it seems like we did the most in the first few days and it slows down near the end (maybe because we burned out?). We also didn’t go to any sample sales (that I was thinking about going to, but in fairness there was no sample sale I felt like I desperately had to go to), but I did buy everything I’d wanted to buy so I can live without them!
I love the diversity and the hustle bustle of the city, that seems to have everything! I want to go back… maybe in a year for another whirlwind trip, for more food, sights and shopping!